Thanks for your interest in participating!
Dear 2022 Parade Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in participating this year!
The parade line-up will take place from 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. with the Parade starting promptly at 11 a.m. Parade staging will begin at the intersection of 19th Street and Highway 49 South in Gulfport, Ms.
Click here for parade route map.
Click here for parade registration.
The 2022 parade is dedicated to our DoD frontline healthcare professionals and military veterans who have served or are presently serving our country. Entries and decorations should represent the Parade theme with dignity and respect to our veterans and the United States Flag.
The Gulf Coast Veterans Parade Board reserves the right to reject entries that are not in good taste, inappropriate, or not in the best interest of the parade.
The Gulf Coast Veterans Parade reserves the right to limit the number/type of vehicles and other entries in the parade.
1. The Gulf Coast Veterans Parade is a non-partisan, non-political event, and may not be used as a platform for campaigns or political candidate signs. Current offices held may be identified, but no “vote for”, “elect”, or “support” signs allowed.
2. Unless there is an emergency, no one is allowed to get on or off a float or entry once it has started down the parade route.
3. This is a forward-motion parade. No backward motion is permitted during the parade.
4. Brief stops during the parade for dance routines and/or band maneuvering must be approved by the Parade chairman or designated parade committee member.
5. A review stand will be placed along the parade route in front of City Hall for recognition of parade entries and brief performances.
6. All units must keep pace with the units in front of them.
7. All units should leave appropriate interval between themselves and the next unit (3 to 5 car lengths).
8. Intervals must not be more than 5 car lengths. Vehicles must proceed all the way, safely, past the end of the parade route before stopping and unloading.
9. All vehicles must be operated by a licensed driver over the age of 18 and have in the vehicle documented proof of liability insurance during the entire parade.
10. Children riding on a float/trailer/vehicle must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
11. Animals must be kept on a leash or other restraint. Entrants are not permitted to allow animals to have any contact with parade spectators. Liability for animals’ actions is the responsibility of the animal owner.
12. Floats and vehicle decorations should have patriotic themes. Decorative materials must be flame retardant.
13. Vehicles and Floats can use amplified sound systems for music.